Monday, August 23, 2010

welcome.

My goal here this year is to talk. To myself. To you. To complete strangers. To whomever might want to read about the undertakings of yet another first year teacher. The joys. The struggles. The reality. This, of course, all coming from the perspective of one who didn't initially go to school to be a teacher, but who choose to travel the course of the business world for a few years. Then, God stepped in and turned my world upside-down. And I have to say... I'm quite pleased He did.

As a brief introduction, I teach at a private school in San Antonio. I'm blessed to teach 13 wonderful (yet crazy) first graders who could not be more enthused about life and learning. Of course, there passion is slightly crippled by the fact that they simply cannot sit still, focus, or function without feelings getting hurt, but... over all, it's a beautiful thing. And honestly, they are sweet, sweet kids. Therefore, while I am blessed with a tiny class of 'good' students, my challenge will be to fill the extremely the large shoes I seemed to have stepped into. As it turns out, this is quite a tough school and the expectations are high, high, high. It will be a change from the experience I received subbing in several dozen public schools last year... but, I'm ready.


I think...

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment