I had every intention of working out tonight. Instead, my plan of push-ups and crunches, turned into a glass of wine. Fair trade, I’d say. Over all, today was a good day, but I'm absolutely exhausted. Turns out that as exhausting as actual teaching is, an hour and a half staff meeting after school, followed by grading and classroom prep pushes you over the edge. Thus, the wine. Thank goodness for great husbands and take-out!
Issue of the day:
One of my students came home on Friday with two different shoes on. I got a call from his mom asking if we took off our shoes and he put someone else’s on. Yes. We all just take off our shoes at the beginning of the day and throw them into a pile where it’s first come, first serve. Wow. Really? No. Not really. So my challenge this week is to solve this mystery because while the simple answer would be to ask the student when he switched, that plan failed with this conversation:
Me: Why do you have two different shoes on?
A: I don’t know. This one is mine and this one isn’t.
Me: I realize that, but how did you switch shoes? When did you take your shoes off and trade with someone?
A: I didn’t.
Me: You didn’t ever switch shoes with someone?
A: No. They just are different.
Me: Yes, I know, but they could not have magically appeared on your feet, so how did this happen?
A: I don’t know. My mom just took them off and they were different.
Me: Okay. (thought: this is nuts because you’re genuinely confused! how do you not know when you traded shoes!? oh yeah, your answer of “5” was “my grandma has a puppy”…)
No comments:
Post a Comment